Education Committee Purpose & Responsibilities
The Education Committee of Iranian Medical Library & Information Science Association focuses on the field of education and lifelong learning. The training of this committee is aimed at expanding, promoting and promoting specialized knowledge, empowering and improving the theoretical and practical skills of the medical librarian community in the framework of workshops and short-term or long-term national and international training courses, specialized meetings and in order to improve the level of information literacy and literacy. The health of the audience includes students, staff, and academic staff members in the field of medical librarianship and information, librarians, professionals, and specialists in the field of health and health, as well as the general public. Conducting educational tours, visiting health information and information centers, hospitals, research centers, science and technology parks, growth centers, and other audience and beneficiary centers in the field of medical librarianship and information, and holding specialized seminars and conferences among the activities of this will be the committee.
- Educational needs assessment from educational groups, specialized boards, libraries, and information centers
- Determining educational priorities according to the needs of librarians, libraries, faculty members, and students of library and medical information to develop modern educational programs based on scientific evidence.
- Designing educational programs according to the goals, strategies, and issues of libraries and health information centers
- Providing a variety of evidence-based training in the fields related to medical information and information
- Continuous review of educational programs and providing the necessary feedback to modify and revise them
- Promotion and development of health information literacy among librarians, workers, and users in the field of health
- Holding specialized meetings, seminars, and educational webinars related to the field of librarianship and medical information
- Providing quarterly and annual performance reports by the operational plan
- Cooperation with other specialized committees of the association in the implementation of processes related to the goals and duties of the education committee