Research and Technology Committee Purpose & Responsibilities
The Research and Technology Committee of Iranian Medical Library & Information Science Association seeks to improve the status of research in the field of medical librarianship and information and to provide the basis for conducting effective, targeted, and practical research based on the latest medical evidence in this field. Also, this committee seeks to create the necessary platforms for the continuous introduction of findings related to research in the field of librarianship and medical information, and the transfer of the knowledge produced to the scientific community and other audiences and stakeholders in the health field, as well as the implementation of research results among the target audience and stakeholders.
- Monitoring the status of research activities in educational groups, libraries, information centers, and fields related to medical librarianship and information.
- Criticism of research activities and identification and introduction of research priorities in the field of librarianship and medical information
- Trying to improve the quality of research in the field of librarianship and medical information and strengthening interdisciplinary research and transdisciplinary team building.
- Providing the basis for conducting effective and practical research in the field of medical librarianship and information, interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary
- Providing a context for introducing the findings derived from research and establishing suitable links with other scientific, educational, and research institutions and centers of the country, stakeholders, and audiences to introduce research achievements related to the field of librarianship and medical information.
- Identifying and shaping research cores in related subject areas to plan and implement national and international group research.
- Cooperate with other committees of the association and other related organizations in the field of health to compile the necessary research agreements and resources and attract financial resources and national and international grants for research activities;
- Policy-making and conducting applied research at the national and transnational level to respond to the problems of libraries, scientific publications, scientometrics, and other fields related to health;
- Providing research consulting services in the fields related to librarianship and medical information and community needs
- Providing quarterly and annual performance reports by the operational plan
- Cooperation with other specialized committees of the association in the implementation of processes related to the goals and duties of the research and technology committee